Thursday, September 24, 2009

99 Things

THE 99 THINGS MEME
1. Started your own blog. Hmmmm...

2. Slept under the stars. Yes
3. Played in a band. No
4. Visited Hawaii. Not yet
5. Watched a meteor shower. No
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. No not more than I could afford at the time
7. Been to Disneyland/world. No
8. Climbed a mountain. Yes
9. Held a praying mantis. No, but I freaked out cause there was one on my porch one day!
10. Sang a solo. Only when alone in my car. Trust me, it’s better that way.
11. Bungee jumped. Can not say that I have or that I plan to.
12. Visited Paris. Not yetbut I would love to some day.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. No but I bet it would be beautiful to watch not get caught in.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Sewing
15. Adopted a child. No
16. Had food poisoning. Oh, yes.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. I have never been to the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables. Yes, and it’s something I would love to do again. Nothing more exciting than picking your own green beans and going inside to cook them up with some potatoes...
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. No
20. Slept on an overnight train. No
21. Had a pillow fight. Are there people who haven’t had pillow fights?
22. Hitch hiked. Nope
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. I'm sure that has happened a time or two.
24. Built a snow fort. No
25. Held a lamb. No
26. Gone skinny dipping. Hmmmm...
27. Run a marathon. Uh...no
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. No
29. Seen a total eclipse. A couple
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. I have seen both. I prefer sunset
31. Hit a home run. No. I am the least sportsy girl ever
32. Been on a cruise. Nope.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. No
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Kentucky all the time
35. Seen an Amish community. Only on tv
36. Taught yourself a new language. No
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. I wonder if I will ever achieve that
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. No.
39. Gone rock climbing. No, again, not sportsy
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. I don't think so unless they had it at the Art Institute in Chicago when we went there
41. Sung Karaoke. I have and quite poorly I will admit
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. No but I think it would be cool
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. Yes,paid for someone's coffee, filled random parking meters, and every Christmas we pay for the person behind us at least once andtell the cashier to tell them Merry Christmas (the best feeling)
44. Visited Africa. No, but I’d like to. I would love to see wildlife up close and personal...
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Yes.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Yes, when Dustin fell on his bike, I rode with him to the ER
47. Had your portrait painted. No
48. Gone deep sea fishing. No
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. No
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. No
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. No.
52. Kissed in the rain. Yes
53. Played in the mud. Yeah.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Yes! More than once. I wish there were still one around here so I could take my boys
55. Been in a movie. No unless home movies count
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. No
57. Started a business. Yes.
58. Taken a martial arts class No
59. Visited Russia. No.]
60. Served at a soup kitchen. Ihave and it isa very humbling experience. It made me cry.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. No
62. Gone whale watching. No
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Yes, because I have a sweet guy!
64. Donated blood. I have several times
65. Gone sky diving. No and I don't have plans to.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. No.
67. Bounced a check. Unfortunately, yes.
68. Flown in a helicopter. No
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. I have got some from my MaMaw
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. No
71. Eaten Caviar. Never!
72. Pieced a quilt. One or two.
73. Stood in Times Square. No
74. Toured the Everglades.Yes
75. Been fired from a job. No.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Yes.
77. Broken a bone. No
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. No
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. No
80. Published a book. No.
81. Visited the Vatican. No
82. Bought a brand new car. No
83. Walked in Jerusalem. No, but I’d really like to some day.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. No
85. Read the entire Bible. I have
86. Visited the White House. No.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. No.
88. Had chickenpox.Yes
89. Saved someone’s life.Not that I’m aware of.
90. Sat on a jury. No
91. Met someone famous. Not that I can remember
92. Joined a book club. No but I read Oprah's book club picks
93. Lost a loved one. Several
94. Had a baby. Three boys
95. Seen the Alamo in person. No
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake. No.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Yes.
98. Owned a cell phone. One or two.
99. Been stung by a bee. Bees, wasps, yellow jackets, fire ants, you name it

So, there ya go. 99 things about me.
I guess I am kinda boring.

Who’s next?

No comments: