Sunday, April 11, 2010

91 year old WWII vetran....

How much more am I supposed to be able to take? I just got a call from the nursing home where the man I take care of is at. The hospice nurse seems to think that he is in the beginning stages of death. He is having some apnea, his pulse is elevated and his blood pressure is lower. His wife just died in October and I promised her that I would take care of him. I had been taking care of both of them until that point. I have lost so many people in the last few months. I just don't know how much more. I know God never gives you more than you can handle, but really?? There really is no other family and I have been taking care of them for four years now. I don't want to go through this again so soon. I know that you never know for sure when someone is going to die, but I am getting ready to go up there and sit with him. I don't want him to be alone.

2 comments:

vee gass said...

Hello Bonny,
I am sorry about your friend. In Psalms 90: 10 it says that a man's years are 70 and your friend has had 91! I would say that is a great big PRAISE THE LORD!!! How blessed you have been to have known
someone who received such a gift of an extra 21 years!
When you go and talk with him and hold his hand and whisper into his ear please just ask him if he knows the Lord Jesus... That would be such a privlege to witness to someone... Bonny, I know you think you can take no more but God is with you and with Him all things can be done... What a great job you have to take care of someone who has had such a long life... God puts the people in our life who we need for such a time as this.... Bonny , just hold on to the love of God in your life and that is your faith. Lean on Jesus.. God Bless , vickie

Diana said...

It was so thoughtful and sweet for you to go and sit with him Bonny! And I know it probably doesn't help to say this but people that have passed are in a far better place than we can even imagine! It's only been four months since I lost my mom and it does help to get me through the rough spots. I know that she is in a beautiful place. And someday I'll get to see her again. Love Di ♥