Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just stuff in my head today

"We see things not as they are but as we are." --Douglass Fitch

I saw this quote on a blog that I read today and thought to myself how very true this is.

I am trying to get ready for Easter this weekend. My brother is actually driving down on Thursday to pick my Ma Maw up from Kentucky and bring her up here. I am so excited, I can not wait to spend some time with her. As far as I know, she is going to be spending Easter with me and my family, because my parents and other sister go to my other grandparents for Easter. I'm the odd one, that chose long ago to make my own family dinners with my children. So, I cook the whole meal and I hope that one day my kids will remember, hey my Mom used to do all this for us. I still have to find out when the Easter service is at church. I am hoping that there is a regular service in addition to the sunrise service that we usually have, but I don't know. Our church is so small, it is not enough people for a second service. We have maybe 50 people. Maybe a little more, but I'd be surprised if there is more than that. But, I think that is why I love it there so much.

On a totally different note, I feel like this has been a long week, and it is only Tuesday. I was so busy at work today and there was just so much happening there today, it was exhausting. A police officer that frequents our office, his wife is 42 and dying of cancer. I just felt so sad for him. He has just returned to work after a couple weeks vacation and he has some time left, but needs to save that vacation time for when he needs it most. But, how do you decide that? When is it more important to be with your dying wife? When things are really bad, when she is still here and you are able to enjoy the time that you have left? I could just tell that it was a struggle he had going on within. I did not know what else to say except that I was so sorry that they are going through this. I know, it happens, it is and has happened in my own family. I know many others that have had cancer strike their family. And every time, I can not help but feel so incredibly sad for others and for my own losses as well.

I have to work early tomorrow and then will have the rest of the week off until Monday. The kids are on spring break so that actually worked out good, except I will feel it when I get paid. What else is new?

Until next time....

No comments: