Thursday, January 22, 2009

My kids are getting older, where did the time go?

I have been busy with this new class. I am trying to make the proper arrangements so that Luke will be ready for Kindergarten in the fall, this entails changing daycare for him. I am not too happy about having to change daycare since he has been at this current daycare since he was 2 years old, but I have no choice because the current daycare is in a different county than where I live and he will be going to school. But, it looks like he will be changing daycare at the beginning of August to get used to the new daycare and then be starting school at the end of August. My baby is growing up. :( But I knew this was coming. It will be a big change for us, because right now, we spend a lot of time at Buck's house, but we will no longer be doing that when school starts.
Dustin keeps finding more and more reasons that he wants to stay at his Dad's house when he is supposed to be going with me. It hurts my feelings, but he is growing up too. He will be 13 next month and I have become less important to him. He would rather be with his friends. I know that this happens, but I just don't know how to accept it in my heart. When I look at him, I still see the baby that he once was. But that time has passed.
Myles, Luke and I had a good time last weekend. And I do have to say that there was less fighting. Myles was clingy, which makes me wonder what is going on with him. He does not say much, but gets clingy when things are on his mind. I try to get him to talk to me, but I guess at 10 years old, it's hard to communicate how you are feeling or if you have something on your mind.
Until next time...

No comments: