Sunday, July 20, 2008

Where does the time go?

Yesterday got me thinking about friends and family. It's incredible how things change over the years. You meet new people and lose touch with old friends. When I was young, Frankie was my bestest friend in the whole world! Our mothers were best friends so we did everything together. Frankie was the one person that I thought for sure I would always have contact with. He lives in Arkansas, I live in Indiana. A little hard to keep in touch that way, but we continued to talk on the phone every so often for years. The last time I spoke to him was about five years ago. Since then, he has got married, I have went through my own personal crises, and we have lost touch. I have his Mom's number but I have not called to check in for nearly a year now. Things are just so complicated and time gets away from you.





I was about six, maybe seven years old when this photo was taken.

Life was so much simpler then. I thought that Frankie was going to be around forever. I never thought that we would lose contact with each other. In life's busy day to day happenings, I don't always have time to reflect on how I feel about things from the past. Things I would like to change about the present. What do I want my future. Am I going to be able to pull it off and make my future what I want it to be?

I wonder if he thinks about me like I think about him sometimes? I miss him. Frankie, where ever you are, I still love you. I know we will talk again someday.

Until next time...

No comments: